May 21, 2020
Dear Valued Diamond Dental Studio Patient:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. While these changes will seem strange at first, please be assured that we have prepared for this. We will do our best to make your visit easy and comfortable. We made these changes to help protect our patients and healthcare team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive for your appointment. Your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer at your car.
- You will be given a mask to wear if you don’t have your own. Please wear this mask while you are in the office if dental care is not in progress. This mask serves as a way to maximize your safety and ours.
- We have hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. You will not need to sit in the reception area. Your treatment room will be ready for you when we escort you in to the office.
- When you enter your treatment room, you will be asked to swish and rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds and then to wash your hands with warm soap and water.
- For procedures such as fillings and crowns, we will be using new high speed suction equipment and wearing face shields and gowns during treatment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients which might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
This video will give you a glimpse at what to expect at your next visit.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Please continue to assume that all previously scheduled appointments in May and June have been cancelled unless you hear from us. We are contacting patients who have been experiencing discomfort first, but soon we will be seeing all patients. If you are ready to make an appointment, please call or text our office at 803-738-1114 or visit our website at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Julia Mikell and your entire Diamond Dental Studio Team